WILD Summer: Riverdale to Sandy Beach (play, bike, water)
Jul 4, 2017 10:00 AM - 12:00pm
Location: Sandy Beach Park
Hosted by: lboridy
Riverdale to Sandy Beach
RSVP: Please RSVP below and indicate the TOTAL number of all people including all adults, children, and babies.
You are STRONGLY encouraged to read this page in its entirety before coming to the event.
Event Type: Walk, Bike, Water play
Stroller friendly: Yes
Event Location: We are starting off Riverdale Ave and will walk or bike the
0.5km to Sandy Beach (kids might like their run bikes and
you can definitely bring strollers)
Date & Time: July 4 at 10:00 AM (please arrive at 9:45 to gather your stuff, I leave the parking lot at 10)
Event Duration: approx 2 hours
Pace: all ages (this event is suitable for all ages)
Event Coordinator: Lorraine Boridy
Contact info: 403-710-8466
How to get here: Take Elbow Dr either North from Glenmore Trail or South from downtown. Turn west onto Riverdale Ave. Follow Riverdale Ave until it dead ends in a parking lot. This is our meeting spot.
Parking available at the dead end in a small paved parking lot.
Route Plan (if available): Please note, this is subject to change depending on group needs, conditions, and the temperament of toddlers!
We are planning to leave from the paved parking lot and follow the paved path south. We will cross the pedestrian bridge and find a spot to play by the water or enjoy the playground.
Items to Bring:
- Layers of clothing in case the weather changes.
- Water for you and your children (if your child may separate from you and tag along with another family, ensure your child has their own backpack with water and a small snack)
- Water toys to play in the water and rocks: shovels, pails, digging toys, trucks, water shooters, you name it. If you would like you could even bring a life jacket. This is along the Elbow River so it isn’t very fast flowing but there are some deeper areas. My kids always get quite wet so I’ll bring a swimsuit and change of clothes.
- Bikes (we will be on a paved path or packed gravel). You can bring anything: strollers, run bikes, pedal bikes, scooters, you name it). The bike ride is very short so you do not need adult bikes.
- Whatever else you need
- Details of this event are subject to undergo a change at any point in time, with or without warning
- Amanda Morris (3)
- Hanna Burger (3)
- Jen Buroker (3)
- Julie Lowry (3)
- Kevin Yorston (3)