WILD Summer: Shouldice to Edworthy
Jul 6, 2017 10:00 - 12:00
Location: Shouldice Park
Hosted by: lboridy
RSVP: Please RSVP below and indicate the TOTAL number of all people including all adults, children, and babies.
You are STRONGLY encouraged to read this page in its entirety before coming to the event.
Event Type: Walk or Bike
Stroller friendly: Yes
Event Location: Bow River pathway bike or walk – Shouldice Playground to Edworthy and back
Date & Time: July 6 (we will play at the playground and leave no later than 10:30am). I would suggest arriving around 10am.
Event Duration: approx 2 hours
Pace: Geared to the 3-6 year old pace but everyone welcome
Event Coordinator: Lorraine Boridy
Contact info: 403-710-8466
How to get here: The parking at Edworthy is really busy so I love finding ways to bike there. This bike ride is about 2km and will take us on flat bike paths from the playground in Shouldice to Edworthy park. There is one small section on the road but you can stay on the walking path if you don't want your kids on the road.
Parking: Park close to Shouldice Park playground. Monserrat Dr. NW. We will meet at the playground.
Route Plan (if available): Please note, this is subject to change depending on group needs, conditions, and the temperament of toddlers!
We will bike or walk east on the Bow River Pathway from Shouldice and go to Edworthy and back. I'm hoping to enjoy some time at Edworthy. We will plan to play by the river on the south east side of the pedestrian bridge. We could also enjoy ice cream at Angel's so make sure to bring money if this is something you want to do.
Items to Bring:
- Layers of clothing in case the weather changes.
- Water for you and your children (if your child may separate from you and tag along with another family, ensure your child has their own backpack with water and a small snack)
- Bikes (paved pathway accommodates all types of bikes including bikes with training wheels or tricycles as well as run bikes, pedal bikes.
- Whatever else you need
- Toys to play by the water (buckets, shovels, whatever you would like)
- $ in case you want to buy something at Angel’s
- Details of this event are subject to undergo a change at any point in time, with or without warning
- Candace Truman (3)
- jray (4)
- kat doll (4)
- MConnolly (3)