Host a Club Event
How to post an event in the calendar
To host activities, you must be a WILD Family Nature Club leader. Click here to find out how to become a club leader.
Once you have been granted club leader access to post WILD Family Nature Club activities on the calendar, all you need to do is follow these simple steps.
- Click on “Calendar”:
If your window is small, the web page will look like the image below. Instead of clicking “Calendar”, click on the three bars in the top left hand corner.
You should now see “Calendar” as an option. Click it!
2. Once on the calendar page click the orange “Host an Activity” button.
3. Now you can fill in all the details for your event.
- Make sure you complete the risk assessment questionnaire at the bottom.
4. For help with filling in the details, refer to the example below from one of our WILD Family Nature Clubs.
- The bolded parts in particular have been found to be very useful to participants.
We want your experiences to be as safe and fun as they can be! It is important when hosting a club that you post on the calendar:
- Only events posted on the calendar are covered by our insurance.
- Attendees can “rsvp”, which means you will have an idea of how many people to expect, and you will be able to update them via email if there is a change of plans.
- We have a reliable way of knowing how many children and families are participating in WFNC activities – this helps us with continuing the program, and learning what’s working, and what can be improved.
- You – and other WFNC hosts – can get inspired and share ideas for great activities!
If you have questions, email us at email@example.com and ask away!
Continue to Safety Tips »